It’s no secret that the success of a business depends on its marketing strategy. Or rather, online marketing strategies, because you need a tactic for every opportunity.
Like technology, these types of strategies are constantly changing, adapted to consumer preferences and needs. If you want to increase your visibility and sales, you need to be aware of the strategies that work best.
Here are the online marketing strategies you need to use in 2021:
Start a blog now
As in past years, content is the key to consumers’ hearts and, more importantly, their wallets. Particularly in the context of the pandemic, people spend most of their time online looking for content that will engage them and provide them with something, be it knowledge, information or entertainment.
Blogging is more than just an online marketing strategy, with it you can become an authority in your field, provide people with comprehensive, verified information so you can build a trusting relationship with your followers.
For example, let’s say you sell household appliances and blog about how to clean your iron efficiently. Even if the people reading it don’t need a new iron right now, when the opportunity arises, they are more likely to buy from you because you’ve given them useful advice.
If you want to be successful, your articles need to reach potential customers. How do you do that? Simple! You optimise your content from an SEO point of view. You can learn to do this, but it’s easier to turn to a marketing agency, specifically DigitalU’s team of professionals with years of experience helping many businesses succeed.
Create video tutorials
After Google, Youtube is the second most popular search engine that people use for both entertainment and learning about different fields. So there you find a large audience ready to learn more about your business.
For this type of online marketing strategy you need a camera that shoots at a good quality (or even a phone), a bright and not very busy space and, of course, a person who is comfortable in front of the camera.
It’s important through online video marketing to provide visitors with quality content that they can learn from, such as step-by-step tutorials. For example, if you have a shop that sells cameras, you can do an in-depth presentation of each camera, with functions, capabilities and sample photos.
Collaborate with influencers
It’s not a new online marketing strategy, but it’s an effective one. Influencers are people with a large and active audience made up of people who often interact with the content they produce and might be willing to buy the things they are recommended.
The first step in this type of online direct marketing is to find an influencer who has an audience similar to yours. For example, if you sell kitchen tools, it’s best to choose someone who works in the food area.
Keep in mind that the price for collaboration is directly proportional to the number of followers the influencer has. So, when you choose to run an online marketing campaign, you are likely to reach a significant number of people by hiring a lesser known influencer for less money.
Test new social media channels
When you hear social media, you probably think of the traditional Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. But with online marketing trends 2021 in mind, the internet provides you with many other places to socialise, post information and attract customers.
For example, Reddit – a community divided into very diverse topics – and Quora – where people ask questions on any topic – are places where you can try to promote yourself. In these spaces, people seek advice from people like themselves, but also from those with authority in a particular field, like you.
What’s more, on LinkedIn, you can keep in touch with professionals in your field and related fields to keep up to date with market developments. In addition, you can also post articles on this platform to share the knowledge you’ve gained through your business.
Online marketing strategies are a tool that must be used constantly if you want your business to succeed. Always keep up to date with the latest trends and ways of promotion and don’t hesitate to call on a team of professionals for effective implementation.
- Use Facebook Video to Build a Retargeting Audience
- Run Facebook Canvas Ads to Increase Conversion Rates
- Use Facebook Groups for Content Traction and Branding
- Set Up Google AdWords Retargeting & Negative Keywords
- Use a Facebook Lookalike Audience from Your Customers with the Highest LTV
- Write Hyper-Local Ad Copy for Hyper-Local Prospects, then Change Landing Pages Based on IP Address
- Interact with a Competitor’s Instagram Fans using Automation (Audiense, Instagress, Mass Planner, FollowLiker)
- Interact with a Competitor’s Twitter Fans using Automation (Audiense, Instagress, Mass Planner, FollowLiker)
- SEO Your Quora and Blog Posts (Ubersuggest, Moz)
- Retarget Regular Website Visitors with Facebook Lead Gen Ads
- Interact with a Competitor’s LinkedIn Network Using LinkedIn Automation (Mass Planner, Dux-soup, GPZ LinkedIn Automation Tools )
- Scrape Emails from Different Sites (Scrapebox, Webscraper.io, Import.io)
- Scrape Emails from LinkedIn (Toofr, Email Hunter, Clearbit)
- Ask for Emails When People Want to Enter Your Facebook Group (Survey feature)
- Scaling Reach Out with CRM Tools (MixMax, PropellerCRM, Reply.io, Mailshake)
- Auto-Posting to Instagram (Grum.co, Mass Planner)
- Email Marketing Funnel Setup (Autopilot, Mailchimp, ConvertKit)
- Will Your Emails go to Spam? (G-Lock Apps, Mail Tester, Litmus)
- Using Retargeting Links and High-Level Tracking in Shared Links (Clickmeter)
- Use Social Discovery Tools to Find Influencers to Share Content (Audiense)
- Use [email protected] for Creating a Lead Gen Community ([email protected])
- Use Slack for Creating a Lead Gen Community (Slack)
- Cross-Match Facebook Group Members with LinkedIn Profiles (UpWork)
- Cross-Match Facebook Event Attendees with LinkedIn Profiles (UpWork)
- Automate Pinterest Engagement to Generate Leads (Mass Planner)
- Cleaner Copywriting to Convey Your Message (Grammarly, Hemingway App)
- Using Facebook Live Stream with a Call to Action (OBS Software, BlueJeans)
- Setting Up Email Capture Forms on Your Website (Thrive Leads)
- Dominate Google Spreadsheets for Lead Gen (Hunter.io, Remove Duplicates, Clearbit Sheets, Sort by Color, Split Names, Power Tools)
- Optimizing YouTube Videos for SEO (Ubersuggest, Moz)
- Optimizing YouTube Channel for Generating Leads
- Use Emotional Triggers in Your Cold Email Copy
- Share Content from Reddit and Quora Before it Goes Viral
- Pin Your Facebook Lead Gen Ad at the Top of Your Fan Page
- Analyze Your Competitor’s Traffic (Similar Web, Ahrefs, Alexa)
- Use Facebook Carousel Ads to Lower Your CPA
- Bid on Your Competitor’s Product Features Using Google AdWords
- Interview Industry Influencers for Interesting Case Studies (repurpose for blog posts and podcasts)
- Use LinkedIn Ads for Hyper-Targeting Prospects
- Use Facebook Ads to Generate Media Buzz
- Use YouTube Ads to Target Your Competitor’s Videos
- Optimize Your Blog Content Based on Recent Controversial News
- Leverage Influencer Testimonials in Your Paid Campaigns
- Use Unbounce or Instapage for Faster Market Validation
- Event Marketing Using Meetup, Facebook Events, and Eventbrite
- Event Retargeting Using Meetup, Facebook Events, and Eventbrite
- Use Hyper-Local & Hyper-Relevant Copy for LinkedIn InMail Messaging
- Use Amazon Packages to Reach High Decision Makers
- Use Engineering as Marketing by Creating a Lead Generation Tool
- Develop Custom Python Scripts for Scraping Data (UpWork)
- Use Remarketing for Your Live Video Streams